Up: Main article
El-Said & Parman, Figure 49
Plate 26, Detail for the Khamsah of Nizami, Herat, Afghanistan.
Also Wilson, Plate 33a.
This pattern is a member of an interesting class of mathematical patterns.
PP Class 110, [p6,c6,c2], IH Class 34.
Statistics on this tiling:
- Tiling has symmetry
- Tiling has 2 polygons and 12 edges.
- Edges are completely connected.
- Tiling is not edge-to-edge.
- Tiling satisfies the two-polygon condition.
- Internal angles a multiple of 60°.
- Contains one non-regular polygon which
does not have reflective symmetry.
one regular hexagon.
- Tiling contains 221 polygons.
Summary of images