Up: Main article
Owen Jones, Plate XXV(left centre)
Pompeian Ornament, see Cahier & Martin, page 2 (bottom).
Also in the house of the Forum of Lucus Feroniae, see Field, page 33.
This pattern is a member of an interesting class of mathematical patterns.
Also: Racinet, plate 54.
PP Class 90, [p4m,d4,d1], IH Class 70.
Statistics on this tiling:
- Tiling has symmetry
- Tiling has 4 polygons (with 14 edges) of which 1 are specified as copies of others.
- Edges are completely connected.
- Tiling is edge-to-edge.
- Tiling satisfies the two-polygon condition.
- Tiling satisfies the interlace condition with
0 finite interlaces and 2 infinite interlaces.
- Internal angles a multiple of 45°.
- Contains one non-regular polygon which
has reflective symmetry.
- Tiling contains 265 polygons.
Summary of images