Up: Main article
Tiling on figure 7.4.4, LPP30-10
From G & S, page 373.
This pattern is a member of an interesting class of mathematical patterns.
FROM: TILINGS AND PATTERNS by Branko Grünbaum and G. C. Shephard © 1987 by W. H. Freeman and Company. Used with permission.
PP Class 64, [p4,c4,c2], IH Class 61.
Statistics on this tiling:
- Tiling has symmetry
- Tiling has 3 polygons (with 16 edges) of which 1 are specified as copies of others.
- Edges are completely connected.
- Tiling is not edge-to-edge.
- Tiling satisfies the two-polygon condition.
- Internal angles a multiple of 90°.
- Contains one non-regular polygon which
does not have reflective symmetry.
- Tiling contains 166 polygons.
Summary of images