Up: Main article
Tiling on figure 7.4.4, LPP42-12
From G & S, page 374.
This pattern has left and right handed versions.
This pattern is a member of an interesting class of mathematical patterns.
FROM: TILINGS AND PATTERNS by Branko Grünbaum and G. C. Shephard © 1987 by W. H. Freeman and Company. Used with permission.
PP Class 103, [p6,c3,c2], IH Class 34.
Statistics on this tiling:
- Tiling has symmetry
- Tiling has 2 polygons and 9 edges.
- Edges are completely connected.
- Tiling is not edge-to-edge.
- Tiling satisfies the two-polygon condition.
- Internal angles a multiple of 60°.
- Contains one non-regular polygon which
does not have reflective symmetry.
one equilateral triangle.
- Tiling contains 259 polygons.
Summary of images