Up: Main article
Bourgoin, Plate 10
Colouring of this pattern is complex.
See also page 350 of Abas & Salman.
See also Wade, page 23(3).
Version in Stronge Plate 7 from Agra has smaller hexagons.
This pattern is a member of an interesting class of mathematical patterns.
PP Class 105, [p6,c6,c1], IH Class 21.
Statistics on this tiling:
- Tiling has symmetry
- Tiling has 2 polygons and 14 edges.
- Edges are completely connected.
- Tiling is not edge-to-edge.
- Tiling satisfies the two-polygon condition.
- Internal angles a multiple of 60°.
- Contains a (hand-produced) regular hexagon.
- Contains 2 non-regular polygons of which
none have reflective symmetry
but none are the reflection of others.
- Tiling contains 188 polygons.
Summary of images