Up: Main article
Field, Roman Mosaics, page 16
From Silchester and Hadrian's Villa at Tivoli.
Also as a window grill in Salisbury Cathedral,
see, Field page 35, but in different proportions.
This pattern is a member of an interesting class of mathematical patterns.
PP Class 59, [p4,c4,c1], IH Class 28.
Statistics on this tiling:
- Tiling has symmetry
- Tiling has 2 polygons and 10 edges.
- Edges are completely connected.
- Tiling is not edge-to-edge.
- Tiling satisfies the two-polygon condition.
- Internal angles a multiple of 90°.
- Contains one non-regular polygon which
has reflective symmetry.
- Tiling contains 226 polygons.
Summary of images